What should be the cosmetics for the summer?
The sun’s rays reach us everywhere in any weather. But in summer, the skin needs special care, even if you do not go to the sea. How to protect yourself from the sun, answers the candidate of medical Sciences, dermatovenerologist, cosmetologist of the Atlas clinic network Yulia Melnikova.
Table of Contents
Why do you need special cosmetics in the summer?
There are two types of sun rays that affect our skin:
|UVA-long-wave rays||UVB-medium-wave rays|
|95% of all UV light||5% of total UV light|
|penetrate clouds, clothing, glass||do not penetrate clouds, clothing, or glass|
|causes skin aging, age spots, hypersensitivity to the sun: itching, redness, skin cancer.||cause sunburn, sunburn, skin diseases: cancer, allergies|
|they reach the Earth’s surface all year round|
|they are painless||painful during prolonged exposure|
It is much easier to prevent consequences than to correct them. To do this, you need to regularly use creams with UV protection.
How to choose the right protective product?
The market offers a wide range of products for skin with SPF. These letters indicate the degree of protection: 15 — weak, 30 – medium, 50 — strong.
- Traditional creams have the highest protection. But they fall in a dense layer, it is absorbed for a long time. It is better to apply 15-30 minutes before going out in the sun.
- Sticks have the most economical consumption. Do not get your hands dirty, convenient to take with you. But there is a risk of applying insufficient funds for effective protection.
- If you need to apply the cream during the day, a dry spray veil will help maintain the sunscreen effect. It can be used on top of cosmetics.
- For skin prone to greasiness and acne, a mattifying cream-gel is suitable.
- In the city, it is enough to use decorative cosmetics with SPF protection: BB and CC creams, foundation, fluids. But if you are planning a long vacation in the sun, it is better to use special tools.
- Your lips also need sun protection. Choose a special lipstick with SPF for the summer.